China's Requirements
As you may have heard on the news, China is changing/making stricter the requirements for eligiblity to adopt from their country. Here's a news story on it http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16286524/ .
I'm not sure if everything they have is completely accurate (when Mary Kay Ash died a few years back, I noticed she was 3 different ages on three diffent networks! What I learned from that is that they don't exactly need the facts in order to broadcast). China has not yet expressed in writing the exact changes, but this is what it's looking like, along with a huge increase in income necessary for the family. A lot of people are no longer going to be eligible to adopt from China. It's pretty sure that once a family has been logged in at the Chinese Consolate (about 4-6 weeks from when the dossier is sent to China) they will be grandfathered in with the old "rules."
I have been somewhat concerned about the new "rules" because we would no longer qualify under them. But it looks like (hopefully) they won't be in effect until May or June (I was concerned about the 1st of the year), and we should be logged in way before that! Another reason I wanted our dossier to be sent in before the 1st of the year, is also the translation fee (I believe the fee to translate the documents) is going up.
I still haven't heard whether or not we will be able to have our documents sent to China on Friday or not. So keep praying! :) I want to thank everyone so much for their support, it means the world to us. God Bless!






1 comment:
I totally hear you - we wouldn't qualify anymore either - I know they allowed to make their own rules, but these I am struggling to understand!! We'll keep waiting to hear when you are DTC!!
Post a Comment