Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Untitled

I wasn't sure what to title this post...

This morning I was ready to post a very excited message! I worked my tail off yesterday to get our dossier ready to be submitted to our adoption agency, and we overnighted it! Yeah! We tried to be extra speedy, because if they got it today, we could be DTC (dossier to China) on Friday! That is such a hurdle and so exciting. Yesterday I was wound like a spring, and I told Brandy I was not cooking supper! =) So we went out for supper with some friends and I calmed down a bit. I knew there was a chance that something could go wrong, and therefore a chance that we wouldn't have quite crossed that finish line. But still so excited at the thought that it seemed quite likely that we would be DTC on Friday, and our paperchase would be over (at least for a year or so). What a relief.

Today found out that our dossier didn't make it overnight to our adoption agency. The USPS tracking number has it possibly in Omaha yet (agency is in VA). I am totally bummed and somewhat out of sorts. With them getting it at least a day later, we might not be able to be DTC on Friday. That would put our DTC on January 5. And for reasons I won't go into right now, we are/were really hoping for our DTC in 2006, partly due to some changes coming in 2007.

Wondering what God's got up his sleeve. Wondering if I'm supposed to learn something from it (quite probably, He is the master at making good come out of bad), or if the devil is simply trying to discourage me in this journey.

Sorry this isn't much of an upbeat post! Please pray that we have good news tomorrow, and if not, that God uses this delay for good.

No comments: