Friday, December 08, 2006

Whoo Hooo!

I'm so excited!!! You're finding out even before Brandy (you'd think I was pregnant or something, not!). We recieved our I-171H in the mail today! Yipee! I wasn't even looking for it yet. It's the form we were waiting for after our fingerprinting from the Dept of Homeland Security. Some people wait 6-8 weeks for this. Wow. What a blessing.

So I rushed off this afternoon to have my (hopefully) last notory done. Went into town with no makeup, hardly touching my hair, with 3 kids, but I didn't care because I wanted it DONE. Then faxed the list of notaries and dates the 14 documents were notarized to the Iowa Secretary of State for certification.

As the fax was sending I realized we may have hit a glitch...again. (sigh) It dawned on me that our CPA wrote two letters of employment for Brandy (he works with his family and family members are not allowed to write it) and he lives in Nebraska. I went home and checked and yep, his notary was from Nebraska, not Iowa. So I called the IA Sec of State to tell them not to look for that notary on the list, then I called Neb Secretary of State (thank goodness for internet so I could look up these phone numbers) to see how they did it in Neb. In Neb you need to send the actual documents to them to have them certified. Managed to get that in the mail as well, with a bit of help from my Mom-in-law. Whew.

However I couldn't get a hold of my Coordinator at our adoption agency. I'm wondering if it could be a problem to have certifications from different states. Ah, well, guess I'll find out Monday. Please pray that our paper chase is finally wrapping up and that I don't have to have Brandy's employment letters re-written and again notarized and certified. I'm so anxious to have the paperwork out of my hands.

Funny thing is, it's not that big of a pile of paperwork. But it seems it should be at least a foot high! :) Have a great weekend!

P.S. Oops, almost forgot to say why I haven't told Brandy yet. He's in prison! Yep. Ok, not as a convict. He's working at "Brothers in Blue." It's a Cursillo for guys in prison. I think it's so awesome that he's spreading the Good News of Christ to them. It's also kinda fun to see people's reaction when I tell them he's in prison. ha

No comments: