Friday, February 09, 2007

Prayer Request

Hello all, we had an amazing time in beautiful Cancun. I will post pictures soon! However, Tuesday, as we were checking out of our hotel in Mexico, my brother called to let me know I needed to get home asap. My dad had gone in that morning for a colonoscopy, and they kept him because of a tumor that looked like cancer. He was having surgery the next morning.

Brandy and I missed part of the surgery, as our connecting flight in Chicago was cancelled and we had to spend the night there. So we drove straight from Omaha to Sioux City on Wednesday, and we were with my family for part of the surgery time. He was supposed to be in surgery an hour and a half. He ended up being in surgery 4 and a half hours. That was hard. But the surgery went well.

He is now recovering in the hospital. They are 99% sure without the lab results that the tumor was cancerous. We won't know until the lab results come back from tissue in the surrounding area whether or not the cancer has spread. If it has spread, he will need chemo. If it hasn't, he won't.

Please pray for my Dad. Pray that the cancer was contained and completely removed. Pray that his recovery is swift. And also pray for our family. There are relational issues that make this time even more difficult.

Thanks so much for your prayers. Hang in there, Dad. We love you.

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

I'm glad you're back and that you had a good time but I am SO SORRY to hear about your dad - that is so hard - I will pray that God's strenth and peace will be with your whole family.