Life Lessons
I almost didn't post this picture because it is just so sad...
A couple of nights ago, Shianne came into the house screaming and crying, with one of her kittens, half dead. We gave her some milk, but I could tell she was dying unless God performed a miracle (which I prayed for). Shianne said "I told God she's too little to die..."
Shianne wanted a picture of her and her kitten so she'd have one in case she died.
Shianne decided that if "Bunny" died, that Bunny shouldn't be alone. So my darling baby girl (although not so much a baby anymore), laid on the couch with Bunny on her chest, with a blanket over them both. And I must admit, Bunny did seem more at rest than she did in the box we first had her in.
Well, about an hour later, that is where Bunny died, laying on my sweet little 8 year old. At 9:45 pm, when all my kiddos should have been sleeping, I had 3 kids crying very hard. So sad. I finally called Brandy, and that was enough to calm them down a bit, and get them to bed. But as I tucked them in there were lots of questions about death. Oh, life lessons can be so hard. Wish I could protect them from them, but I know that wouldn't be wise either. The next day we found 2 more dead kittens (thankfully not ones the kids had played with, but still sad). We think a tom cat got them and Bunny.
Life lesson #2 was the next day. Sierra is almost always the first to arise at our house. She was making breakfast when I heard a CRASH! So I hopped out of bed, and there she was, crying. She had taken a plate out of the cupboard, and did not see that Shianne's special plate (Shianne and Daddy went on a date night last year to Color Me Mine ceramics, and made a plate together) was on top of it, and it went crashing into the sink, into about 5 pieces. So the life lesson for Sierra was owning up to her mistakes, even if it was an accident, and the life lesson for Shi was forgiveness. They both cried. What a 10 hour time span!






1 comment:
I am SO sorry - no more tears this week - we'll hope!! So sad though -and yes, one of our boys did the same thing and broke his brother's ceramic mug - specially painted at a ceramic store - that hurts!!
Post a Comment