A Little Scare
This morning Shianne tried to plug in a lamp. We didn't realize Shelby had chewed through the cord (this was a new trick for her). The exposed wires apparently were right on Shianne's leg. I wasn't in the same room, but I'm told sparks flew! The little kids said "fire, fire!"I knew it was bad because after the first few seconds it didn't hurt...which means 3rd degree burn. After calling the clinic we took her in.
The picture really doesn't do it justice. The skin is black. Third degree...dead skin. The doctor said for now we'll keep an eye on it, and I should call in tomorrow and let them know how it looks. He said it should slough off and leave her with a scar. Shianne said that way she could tell her school friends about it in the fall and show them her scar! LOL We got some big band aids for the recital (tights could be bad if it changes at all).
Thank you, Lord! It could have been so much worse!







2 comments:
Wow - that is a scare!!! I am glad it was nothing more!
Yipes!!!!
I'm glad she's okay!
Miriam
Post a Comment