A Few Details...
I should be getting ready to go!! But I want to post how we got the call for our TA...not just for you guys but so I remember someday when life goes back to normal. Wait a minute, life will never me "normal" again, will it? It will be crazy crazy for a while, and then it will be a new normal. Wow.
At our last church auction, I purchased a day of antiquing and lunch with 2 friends. Now, I've never been antiquing before, but I've seen what Vi (the gal who donated it) could do with antiques and I wanted some advice and thought it would be a fun day.
Tonya couldn't come until after lunch, so Brenda, Vi and I set off at 8:30 am Friday. We had loads of fun. At one point I looked at Brenda with wide eyes and said, "It's Friday!!" I had forgotten that morning that Friday meant new TAs could arrive. It made my heart flip flop even though I'd previously decided it wouldn't come that day, and we probably wouldn't be going to China until September (optimistic, wasn't I?). I figure it was another pregnancy thing, cuz about the time I thought, "I'm never having this baby! I'm going to be way overdue!" I go into labor.
We had a great lunch, Tonya joined us, and we headed off laughing and having a great time to our next town. We're in the damp basement of an antique store, looking through lots of stuff, and I get out my cell to make a phone call. Lo and behold, I had it on silent??? And had 5 messages! Well, one was from Tonya, 3 from Shianne (they were home with a sitter and couldn't find any mac and cheese LOL!), and one from the travel coordinator at AWAA!!!
So here I am, in shock, jumping around and slightly screaming in the basement of an antique store. I tried calling her but got her voice mail. Called my hubby.
She called back (I think, Tonya and Brenda, it's getting fuzzy already, correct me if I'm wrong) when we were in another store, this time on the main level. Yes, we had our TA!! And would we like to go August 1st!?!!!! August 1st, wow, could I get ready in time? Well, the next group would probably be leaving the end of August, beginning of September, would we like to wait for that one? NO!!!!! It's time for Jaden to get out of the orphanage in into our arms!! But I said I'd talk to Brandy for sure and call her back.
He's floored, but acting as calm as a cucumber. Ok, he's not totally floored. He thought we'd get a call and go right away (of course he didn't tell his non-optimistic wife this ahead of time). To get my goat, he nonchalantly says...should we wait till September? Very funny! :) Yes, he thinks August 1st would be wonderful.
Did I mention 14 years ago Brandy proposed on August 1st?
So now we're going, and I have a million things to do. God is good, He'll get it all worked out.
Oh, and by the way, before I got "the call" I got some great things for the house!! But they're in a corner in the basement because I just don't have time to put them together!!! Maybe in September! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment