Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Updates and Thinking Out Loud

I have pics I could post but it's past my bedtime already so I'd better not take the time. Oof! This getting to bed on time is cutting into my blogging time. Oh me oh my, woe is me!

Jaden had his second drs appt today. All labs turned out well. He gained over a pound in 3 weeks! Yipee!! We are gaining. Still not on the charts for weight for his age, but closer. He is also drinking now! Double yipee! The only thing he really likes is Pediasure Nutripals. But they are high in cals, fat and nutrients, so that works.

Side note on the labs. For those of you adopting from China...my advice is to simply get all your immunizations redone. Unless your insurance covers lab work. Ours does not. $1200 later (ouch ouch ouch!! other necessary labs included as well, but those were at least 1/2) I'm wishing I'd just redone them because shots are covered. Although it is interesting to see (however not THAT interesting) how the results came out. Back up for those that don't know. We did get an immunization card (in Chinese) with his shots recorded. However, most did not show up in the blood work. For example, the MMR (measles mumps rubella), the measles showed up that he had been immunized, but not the other two. This puzzled the dr. The only thing he could come up with was that the vaccine had not been stored correctly and the other two were no longer viable. Back to the cost...God is of course good. The same day I got the info on the cost of the labs, we got a check for corn I wasn't figuring on, about the same amount. Whew.

Update on me. I had a realization yesterday. Even though at some points I feel like I have one foot dangling over the pit, I have proof that I am not in the pit. We're having some friends over to our house Friday night to celebrate (in our own way) the Chinese Moon Festival. I'm looking forward to it! It think it will be fun and a way to celebrate Jaden's heritage. When I've been "in the pit" before...nothing...not even a vacation...sounded fun. Everything except sleeping sounded like work. So I was quite encouraged by this.

On to thinking out loud. And bear with me I may be LOUD here. Can I just say two of my friends are getting divorced (two couples)!?! What's up with that?!? Honestly, it's so sad it breaks my heart in two. And that sounds selfish because their hearts, and their families hearts (kids included) are really breaking. I understand in part why God says he hates divorce...it destroys. Please pray for our friends and for anyone you know in this terrible situation. (sigh) Back to being selfish, what do you do when you're friends with both the husband and the wife? When your kids are friends with their kids? And as soon as my kids find out, it will rock their secure little worlds? Any advice?

3 comments:

Miriam said...

"He brings beauty from ashes, gladness from mourning" hold fast to God's promise for your friends, and encourage them to do the same. Keep praying for reconciliation, and assure your own kids that divorce is not an option for you & Brandy.

jennifer said...

I'm glad that you are feeling good. Bloodwork and shots do not sound fun!

Beckyb said...

I am so sorry for the divorce mess - I just hate it when it happens but it's even worse when you do know both people well - it makes things so awkward. I am sorry.

Also - know that it is normal to be a little "down" after you come home - you have been so "up" waiting for that little one and now it's all over - that is SO common and it will pass soon. But you call if you need to chat!!!