Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blessings

What a lovely night. We drove to a nearby town for our scheduled small group Bible Study (we're using the movie study Facing the Giants...if you haven't seen it go get it...today!), only to find our friends had decided to forgo the Bible Study for the evening and celebrate Jaden's homecoming and baptism. What a nice surprise! Thanks, Brand & Linda, Bruce & Kristina, and Jon and Amy! Your support through our journey has nourished us. I, of course, didn't bring a camera, but they did, and so I'll try to post pictures when I get them.

I also, one of these days, want to post pictures of picking out our Christmas tree this past Saturday...Jaden's first of course...but there's just too much other stuff going on right now.

Another blessing...it seems the trip to the orphanage while in Jamaica is coming together, and I'm quite excited about it. In my mind, I had thought we'd spend the day at the orphanage, but since there already is another team working there that week, the director asked if we'd take the older kids and a couple adults out to eat for a special Christmas treat. Once again, God's plans are different than mine, but better. We will get to spend a little time at the orphanage as well. We're also sending out a list to our church kids group (Pioneer Club) about donating items that we'll take with us.

Today as I was waiting for an email to get together the list that we wanted to hand out tonight, I wondered if it was really going to work out. And, in response, online God sent me a verse that confirmed that we are heading in the right direction with this (thanks, Lord!). So I handed it over to Him (like I need to do every minute of every day with all the facets of my life). So tonight, just when I sat down to print out the letter for Pioneer Club, here came the email with the updated needs I was waiting for. Cool. We're planning on taking stuff down in our extra suitcase. If we can go to China for 2 weeks with one suitcase each, surely each of us will only need one for Jamaica for a week. That will for sure give us 5 suitcases at 50 lbs each. Brandy asked what if we get too much stuff? I told him about how God was speaking to me and we decided He'd work out those details.

Well, it's a busy week! Jaden's getting shots tomorrow (last time he got a fever, so please say a little prayer for him) and just Jaden and I are going to do a bit of shopping (while you're at it, say a prayer for me since I don't like to shop, especially this time of year!!). Thursday night is a girl's Christmas night with goodies. Sierra's 7th birthday is Sunday, so we have a party with some 1st grade girls Friday after school, and a family party at the local pizza place Saturday night. Busy, busy! But it should be fun. Pray that this Mama can enjoy it and not get frazzled by it.

Here are some pictures of Jaden's baptism. Have a great week, y'all!

Keepin' Jaden happy before the baptism by letting him poke Brandy's eyes out...
Vowing to raise Jaden to know the love and salvation through Jesus Christ...
The actual baptism...love how Tye is taking it all in...Terry singing with the video in the background...

No comments: