Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ahh...Good Ending to the Day

Ahh....I'm finally relaxed...ahhhhhh.....


Invited a few girlfriends over tonight to go out to eat in our local restaurant and shop in a couple cute stores we have in town. Then the plan was to sit in the hot tub but it got a little late for us old foggie girls, so another time. They are the sweetest...they all brought gifts! Except for me of course, I didn't get them anything. They didn't mind cuz they're honeys. However I wish I'd gotten them something...but I'm not stressed about it. One of my friends brought a verbal gift. She told us all collectively how much we mean to her, and then individually what she appreciates about us. We all got a bit teary-eyed! I'm so glad I have wonderful friends! I love you guys! And to my friends who I didn't go out with tonight...I really appreciate you as well!! You mean a lot to me.

Today was one of those days. The sweetie I watch and Jaden (both toddlers) were into EVERYTHING...while I was on the phone...throwing oatmeal and flour from the cupboard onto the kitchen floor (and she found out wheat flour tastes kinda icky by itself!). And then while I was in another room for a minute...they decided that the dirt from my potted plant would look much better all over my living room floor...

Did I mention I was trying to keep the house picked up cuz my girlies were coming over right after the kiddos were leaving? What can you do but laugh, right? After the crazy morning, while taking Tye to dance I treated myself to a hot chocolate with irish cream flavoring (not a coffee girl) and proceeded to spill it on my pants.

Oh, and did I mention I was working on our taxes, today?! Ugh. Double Ugh. Triple Ugh. (But yeah! I got them sent off to our tax guy so he can tell us if we should do some things with the farm, etc, before the end of the year. Yeah! It's in his hands now for a while.)

So anyway, thanks friends, for reminding me to stop and enjoy the miracle we've all been given at Christmas...and through the whole year. Merry Christmas, everybody!

1 comment:

Jinglebritches said...

I think the dirt added just the right amount of color to your living room!! Love you Sister!!