Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ears Pierced

Ok, I should be doing other things...like cleaning the house...laundry...wrapping presents, and YES packing...but instead I'm blogging. Ah well, it tends to be therapeutic for me, and I could use a little therapy right now! :)

Sierra has been not so patiently awaiting getting her ears pierced for 2 1/2 years...since Shianne had hers done. We picked age 7 as appropriate for our family. Why seven? Not sure! But once you do it with one daughter...better do it with the next! So for her birthday her Dad and I said she could get her ears pierced.

Well, last night was the night. Our friend, Shondra, cuts our hair and also does ear piercings. Sierra was so excited! So much so that she was mad at me after school on Monday cuz I shouldn't have told her cuz she could hardly wait until Tuesday!! On the way there, she asked if it would hurt, and I was honest with her and said yes. We talked about that for a little bit. She wasn't excited about that part, and said she was only ever going to get it done once if it hurts (we'll see if that comes to fruition!), but was still ready and willing.

Then then time came...here she's still excited, but a little nervous...wondering if we could delay it a bit...

Not so happy after the first one (understatement)...even though it looked great...trying to convince her to do the other one...


Still very unhappy....!



But she got it done! And as you can tell by these pictures...before bed she was much more excited about her "new look"!



Isn't she a doll?!

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a brave girl and beautiful too!

Elaine wants to get her ears done too since all of her sisters have pierced ears. I think we'll probably do it early next year sometime.

Whitty's Four said...

Those ears look great!! And I love the model, what a smile!!!

Miriam said...

Yep, it hurts. But she looks like she got over it! :-) What a sweetie.

Sara said...

So cute! Way to go!
Love the last picture!

jennifer said...

So glad to catch up! You've been busy. I had my ears pierced for my 7th birthday too, but they did them both at the same time. She looks adorable.