Monday, January 28, 2008

Saturday Fun

Hey all! It's warmed up a bit since my last post, but unfortunately it's gonna get cold again tomorrow. Shucks. But really, who am I going to complain to, right? A cold front is just now coming through as I was driving home tonight. In about 40 minutes it dropped 6 degrees. It was a balmy 39. Tomorrows low is supposed to be -5. That's a 45 degree difference in one day! Plus, the wind is already blowing like crazy, so the wind chill could get as low as -30 for most of tomorrow. Sounds like fun. Oh, plus a little bit of blowing snow and maybe some ice. I think I'll stay home!

Saturday however, was beautiful beautiful. Up to 40ish I believe. The kids went to a movie with Grandpa (minus Jaden of course) and when they came home I kicked Sierra and Tye outside. They played on that snowpile (that Brandy made with the tractor scooping our driveway) for 2 hours. Lots of fun!

Not Shianne however. She has a book report due the end of this week and she had quite a bit to read yet. So she cozied up to the fireplace. Don't quite know what the deal was with the rocking horse, but she was comfy so I didn't ask!
I worked on painted the letters of Sierra's name for her room...after I laid cozily on the couch with Jaden for a while...which was wonderful. When Sierra came in she helped me with another coat. Now I just have to figure out how to hang them up...

2 comments:

jennifer said...

OK, my oldest just saw the picture of the snow and is drooling! Looks like a cozy day.

Sara said...

Isn't our weather crazy - glad to see that you were able to enjoy the warmth for the short time it was here!