Shi's Week at Camp

Shianne left Monday afternoon for camp. Her friend's mom picked her up because I had daycare kids here. Tomorrow I get to go see a short program at camp and pick her up.
Last year she had an intro to camp. Kids her age could go to camp for 2 nights. This year was the first time she went for a week.
Every once in a while I think of her with a start, and pray she's having a great time, not missing us much, safe, and making lots of friends. Knowing Shianne the last one's a piece of cake! She's always enjoyed making new friends.
This is the first time she's been without Mom or Dad or Grandparents for this long, kinda on her own. I really believe she's doing fine, she's so outgoing and such a sweetie. Although I'm very glad she got to go with a good friend.
Monday night at the supper table we asked the kids what they would think if we just had 3 kids, not 4. To my surprise Sierra said "NO!" faster than fast. That was great because she and Shianne tend to get on each other. Tye on the other hand thought it would be good if there were only 3 kids in our family. LOL However when asked the same question by Wednesday, he wanted Shianne to come back. After a couple of days it didn't sound like such a good idea anymore! (grin)
I've been surprised that it's been quieter here without her. She's not usually the noisiest?? Maybe it's because she and Sierra aren't bickering? So in some ways it's been a nice break to have one less for a while. Maybe it will be good for the 2 girls to be apart for a week as well. But our world would NOT be right without our Shianne Beth--I can't imagine it!--I'm looking forward to seeing her tomorrow, and hearing about the good times she had. Oh, and let's not forget giving her a great big HUG!






1 comment:
It does change the dynamics when you take one out of the mix, doesn't it? I hope Shianne had a great time at camp!
Post a Comment