Monday, October 13, 2008

OUCH!!

Saturday Tye and I were trimming some smaller trees gone wild in our grove. We live on 4 acres and the grove is on the opposite end as the house.


He was being a big help. Helping me haul things away, and having fun on his bike.


All fun ended however when he rolled in on his bike, and did this really cool duck and roll type boyish thing to get off his bike. Rolling in a small patch of thistles. The kind that leave prickly spiky round things on your pants when you walk through them.


The back of his shirt was covered in them! With also many on his sleeves and some on his bare hands. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!


I picked them off his hands with my fingers while much screaming was going on. My fingers could take no more and I could see I wasn't going fast enough so we took his shirt off. Which hurt as well cuz they scratched him all the way up and off.


Here's a couple pics I took last night, when it was less red than the night before. I had to use no flash so they're kinda fuzzy. Brandy had to take quite a few slivers that they left out of his hand, and one out of his back. Thank goodness he was wearing a long sleeved shirt!


--------------------------

Added later: I pulled 102 "prickers" off Tye's shirt alone, not counting the ones I took off his shirt prior, or the ones on his hands and the few on his pants. Yikes!

4 comments:

jennifer said...

Poor baby. I know that hurts!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Oh my ... it hurts just to look at it! The girls have had quite a few run-ins with thistles and the like, but nothing this intense!

Michelle said...

Oh ouchie! Makes my hands and back and everything else just hurt! I hope that it heals quickly!

JulieM said...

ouch ... that doesn't look like too much fun!