Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dissapointed...

We were just informed via email that we can no longer send packages ourselves to E for our kids. (sigh) They can only be taken by other families, and then with restrictions. There aren't many going from our group in the next couple of months, and there's at least one family, if not more, who haven't had the chance to send anything to their kids. I don't want to ask cuz they need the first chance.

So my blankies probably won't go. And probably not the growth chart for the care center, either.

I know God's in control. And I KNOW God's timing is perfect. Has been since before the beginning of time. My head knows this. My heart hurts at the moment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say I can bring them NOW! Whenever I go, I will sacrifice bringing my own clothes, to bring waiting kids packages!!! -Jen

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

As one who walks alongside you in prayer, my heart aches with yours. I can't know completely what this must feel like, but I will be going to the One who understands it all. Love you guys!

Mom2Bs said...

Ah nuts, it is sad when they rules end up hurting the children in the long run!! Let's continue to pray for a quick process and get the chldren home!!! Keeping you all close to heart in our prayers!!
Blessing's!

Amy said...

I'm sorry to hear that as I know you were so looking forward to sending them.

patty said...

I'm so sorry, Carrie. It must be hard wanting to convey your love for them and excitement to hold them and having very few means to do it. Praying that your'll have strength, patience, and peace as you wait & long for your little ones!

Heather said...

Oh, Carey -- as a mama who relished every single opportunity to send care packages (Ziplocs of Love, as we call them in the Guat. "community" b/c of the imposed 1-gallon size restrictions) to our little man during our long wait, I *completely* understand your hurting heart. I will pray specifically for God to uplift you in a different but equally blessed way during this wait.

I saw you in Bob last night at dance -- wanted to say "hi", but MAN, was it COLD!!! :)