Marathon Monday
Are you READY?!?!? I'm inviting you to join me!! Joining me in your own way!
I'm training for a MARATHON!!!!!
Ok, NOT your traditional marathon. I'm not a runner. I'm not talking about the kind you run till you run yourself to death. At least, that's what would happen to me.
This is a life marathon.
In some ways, life is a race. I'd say a paced marathon, with a few sprints here and there. The Bible says in Heb 12:1:
"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
My life is going to get a bit more interesting, and a bit more challenging in the next few months. I need to be ready. What is God asking you to be ready for?
One of the many ways I need to be ready is by being healthy. I've known this for a long time but ignored it somewhat. Yes, I exercise, and at times I try to eat right (in case your wondering, my last healthy countdown went "ker-splat!" yikes), but I don't do nearly enough. In fact, I've been down right bad these days. Uhmm...the past year is probably a bit more accurate, aside from a few trial runs.
God has called me...you...EVERYONE that follows Christ...to something. He's given YOU a purpose. Are you ready for it? Frankly, in some ways I am not. How can we, or better said, I, be ready to live the life He has in store for me if I'm abusing my body with excess food, too much sugar, not enough water, not enough veggies and fruits, not enough exercise and lack of sleep?
Not only is not being healthy slow you down, but it hinders you mentally. You're brain isn't as sharp. It's easier to be depressed. It's harder to make decisions.
I wouldn't treat my car the way I treat myself. Putting in cheap fuel. Letting it spill over and ruin the paint. Leaving it out all night without adequate protection from the elements. You get the idea.
Enough is enough. It's time. Today I start training for the marathon of life. Are you with me?!?! Will you, as well, be the person God intended for you to be, to the best of your ability?!?
Here's my plan. My goals. And I'm sharing them with you. And each day (or thereabouts) I will share with you how many of them I conquered. I don't expect to conquer each every day, but some. And slowly but surely, relying heavily on Christ, I will train my body to be ready for the marathon of life.
Here's my list:
- Low sugar
- 30 minutes of aerobic exercise
- 10 minutes of strength training
- 64 oz of water
- 5 fruits and veggies
- vitamins
- no eating after 8:30 pm
- eat only sitting down (that doesn't include driving! ha!)
- in bed, lights off, 10:30
- Bible searching






1 comment:
Can you tell I am catching up on your blog? :) I love this idea! I am in! I really need to get back on track and get healthy. It would also help me out because I am going to try to run a "real" marathon in Oct. 09. It would be great to have someone else doing it and holding you accountable. Great idea Carey!
Post a Comment