The End of an Era
Friday was my last daycare day with 2 sweet little girls.
Everyone seemed to realize it before me. Except maybe my darling hubby who was simply just supportive of me in whatever I decided.
Everyone seemed to realize that I would not be able to adopt 3 older children; raise them along with my already 4 children at home; homeschool one of the kids for a time; meet all my children's needs during this time of change for our family...and keep my daycare.
I had high hopes! Let's hear it for SuperMom! Just put a capital M on my chest and we'll rise to the challenge! (Hmmm...did you read a couple of posts ago? ...hmmmm...).
Friends and even my daycare moms knew before I did. It was time to retire from daycare.
I only have a couple of families at the moment. A total of 5 kids besides my own. One of the families has found other daycare and had their last day Friday.
Cassady and Avary (and Angela and Jim), you will be very missed!! I pray we stick to our resolve to get the kids together for playdates and BBQs.
There are few things I won't miss...like Jaden and Avary getting into trouble together every other time I turn around! Two 2 year olds equals the dynamic duo! Coloring on walls. Throwing cat food or plant dirt around. Breaking toys. Sitting on the table. Fighting over toys.
But I'll miss the hugs and kisses. The craft times. Watching them learn and grow. Hearing the funny stories they tell or the cute things they say.
It's for the best, even though it's hard. I think it will hit more tomorrow when I only have 3 extra kids, not 5. The other family is hear for a while yet.
It's the end of an era, but I'm so looking forward to the next one! God is good!






1 comment:
Time marches on! A season for everything...
Post a Comment