Snow Snow Snow!
Well, I haven't been posting about the snow, because like I said earlier, this getting to bed on time thing has dampened my blogging a bit! But I have to say, I can notice a difference. Even tho I didn't make 10:30 last night (10:45), I woke up this morning feeling refreshed. Wow. Who knew that could happen? Ha! But we have been getting a some snow around here!
So what do you do when everything during the weekend, including church, is called off because of the weather? You have an indoor camp-out, of course!


The kids had loads of fun with their s'mores (we use fudge cookies instead of the grahams and chocolate, much easier) and sleeping in the living room Saturday night. Sunday, they put on a church service for us. Tye was the song leader. Did you know that in "Thy Word" there's a line that goes, "Thy Word, is a lemon to my feet." Hee Hee (it's supposed to be "lamp unto") The Bible does a lot but I didn't know it could make my feet lemony fresh! Good snow storm memories.
Me, I've been doing some cleaning and decluttering. Carpenters (who are our small group friends from church) are coming over this afternoon to start doing some taping in the basement. Yippee!
Last night we finally finished Christmas shopping. Sheesh. There have been other years where I've been done by Halloween. And I know why. SF was NUTS last night. It's usually nuts but wow. Not just in the stores, but the traffic was crazy. Then it started snowing. The last 3 times Brandy was in SF he saw an accident, last night included. But, we got 'er done! Christmas cards are out and Christmas shopping is done. What more could I ask for? (smile!)
I skipped Marathon Monday yesterday, in part because I ran out of time, and in part because I thought...hey, it's Christmas week! Who is gonna wanna sign up 3 days before Christmas? So, we'll wait until next week, when you all are thinking about the New Year...resolutions and such. (smile)
Marathon 14
- vitamins
- 40+ min aerobic exercise
- 64 oz water
- no eating after 8:30
- Bible searching






3 comments:
Shoot! We missed what could have been the 2nd annual dinner at Famous Dave's while Christmas shopping...
What fun!! A camp out and even s'mores!! I was out in the madness in sioux falls last night too and it was nuts. I had a few things to finish up and was glad to be home again. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Love the idea of a camp out. Those s'mores look really yummy! What fun memories.
Post a Comment