Sunday, January 18, 2009

Basement Update and Frugality

The basement looks great!! The painting is pretty much all done (2 touch ups needed), the ceiling is almost complete, and the woodwork is about 1/2 way put in. I LOVE IT!

Just for fun I'm playing with a poll that blogger offers. So VOTE! What color do you think Sierra's room is? Those of you who know her might think you have a good idea. Hey, vote even if you don't know her, or if you even already know what color it is! Boo Hoo if no one votes. Ha! You can vote on the sidebar...only a click away! I'll post a picture after the voting's done.

You've probably noticed I've been couponing a bit in efforts to lower the budget...figure I'll have to do that when we have 7 kids (you think?) so I'm practicing now. I'm getting fairly good at finding them...it's the remembering to use them/bring them along that's hard! sheesh!

Question for you...I've found a "recipe" for laundry detergent. You can find it HERE. Do you think I'm frugal enough to cook my own laundry soap?? I'd love your vote on this...(Betting my hubby votes "no" ha!)

Marathon 33

  • 64 oz water
  • vitamins
  • 40+ min aerobic exercise
  • 10 min strength training
  • low sweets
  • no eating after 8:30
  • Bible searching

2 comments:

Heather said...

Carey ~ I don't have your email address, so I'm posting this publically. :) Remind me - when is your court date? I need to get it on the (prayer) calendar. :D

Amy said...

Yes it is too bad we weren't a little closer to help with the painting :) Glad you see the end in sight. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the finished product!