Day Recap
Morning started off y.u.c.k.
Brandy was supposed to leave to ship our last 2 shih tzus out on the 6:50am flight from SF. One of ours, and one of our friend, Renae's. Well, I watched the weather until 12:30 am (nope, not in bed by 10:30, but that's another post)...and it said it was going to be 8 degrees in Minneapolis (the pups connecting flight) and so I knew that meant they wouldn't take them. It needs to be 10 degrees F to ship a puppy. My original plan was to check again 3 am, because Brandy would have to get up at 3:30am. However, I convinced myself to get at least 6 hours of sleep and settled for the very discouraging fact that they weren't going and I was still going to have too many puppies in my house.
I was quite crabby at 6:30 am when out of curiosity (which did kill the cat, you know) I checked...it was 14 degrees in Minneapolis. They could have gone!!!!!! So frustrating. Just when I think I've learned the ropes in the dog world...think again. Should have gotten up. Thankfully, Brandy was able to take our pup on the 11 am flight, but not Renae's. Renae's can go on Saturday. I decided I knew my puppy limit and I had had it so the pup went back to Renae's. I'll make an extra trip to get him Friday night.
Ah...only one pup in the house today...ah....
Then, on to the dentist (thanks to my good friend, Suz, for watching my boys!) to get a cavity filled. Anticipated this wouldn't make my morning any more fun.
Guess what?!? I'm so proud of myself! I put my big girl pants on and asked if I could try it without novocaine. It was just a little cavity, not deep. They agreed. It was so much better!! Yeah! Didn't even hurt! In and out in 25 minutes with no fuzzy face. I practically skipped out of the dentist's office.
Ok, then the rest of the day consisted of mopping and then cloroxing the laundry room floor and doing laundry without having my feet played with (puppies, not Brandy) or watching out for puddles and poop. And a couple other things...
YES! I did it. What you see here on my stove is the start of a batch of laundry detergent. I made my own!
If you take note of the vote (thanks for voting btw), it was 50/50 whether I was frugal enough. The answer is "Yes!" Now, my friend/sister Sandy told me had I asked "Is Carey crazy enough to make her own laundry detergent?" She would have answered "yes." Duly noted. (smile)
I used it on two loads so far. So far, so good!
What you see in this next photo op is my feet, and our one remaining pup, Angel. You see...I tied her to me. Pretty much all day.
Why, you ask? Well, here's one reason...I like to call this one "while Mom's away the Puppy will play"
Not unlike potty training children. The parent must be trained first. We are making headway.
A few other points of interest. It's not quite finished, but Sierra is sleeping in her room downstairs. I'm selling adorable Maltese for Renae, check them out here. And...the most heartwarming unbelievable news of the day. Tomorrow the girls are supposed to dress up like their heroes. Guess who they both picked?
Me.
Wow.
Sierra asked if we could put curlers in her hair so it matched mine. So she's sleeping on sponge rollers. And I said she could wear a little makeup in the morning (she's way excited. Shianne was like, absolutely not!). Shi is wearing one of my shirts, and get this...taking a stuffed animal on a leash. Wonder if she'll tie it to her waist?
Thanks, Lord, for all the undeserved blessings. Amen.






2 comments:
That's sweet! Morgan's "baby" (which is now Chyanne's baby) is named Janelle...of all the names a little girl would pick...
See, I TOLD you no novicain for cavities is the way to go! (I think I told you that...right?)
Post a Comment