Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weekend Getaway


What a wonderful weekend!! "Bob" and I got to visit my good friend Juliann. Unfortunately my hubby couldn't go, but we had a fun girls weekend! Just what the dr ordered. Some R&R.

Friday as soon as I arrived (and Juliann arrived too...she was actually out in our neck of the woods at the same time!) we headed off to see the Broadway show "Hairspray". What fun! First a very fast supper at a really yummy Italian restaurant. Then Hairspray was soooo good. We laughed and laughed. I had actually never seen that movie. Gonna' have to watch it now. It has quite a good "moral to the story."

Oh, almost forgot to mention! It turned out to be a business trip as well. I had sold one of Renae's Morkies to a cute couple from Chicago. They wanted to pick him up. Since it saved them a few hours drive, they met me at Juliann's. Oh...and...

I took along the little guy's brother...just in case Mark & Juliann and kids would want to keep "Riley" for ever! Don't worry, I had Juliann's permission. But she was bound and determined he was just there for a visit cuz she wasn't going to get a dog. But I wondered, who could resist that sweet face?

Saturday was sleeping in, taking care of the puppies, taking a walk in the spring weather (where did THAT go? Winter's back?!?) checking out Juliann's "hood," and of course...pedicures! Only the second in my life and I fully enjoyed it. Although the little gals laughed at us while doing our toes and one said she was going to tell the owner to put in karaoke.

Saturday night was a wonderful supper with some new friends...made by Juliann the cook of the year; the little Morkie got picked up; and I had an adoption agency conference call about paperwork and our trip (keep in mind at this time I wasn't sure when we were traveling). The call was a bit stressful, but 2 ibuprofen and a chocolate dessert later and I was good to go! After the company left Juliann and I talked till almost 1 am. Remember those days?

Sunday was church. I got to go to Mark and Juliann's Sunday School class beforehand. At the end they laid hands on me and prayed for us, our kids and our trip. Wow. Then after the service my nephew, Trent, walks up and says hi! Now that was a fun surprise! It was his girlfriend, Martha's, church, and he was visiting. After church a little lunch and another walk on a beautiful day. Then it was time to head home.

Thanks, girlfriend, for a great weekend! Sending loads of love your way!
(BTW, this "lovely" picture of us was taken by us, as no one else was in the house and I had to have a picture for the blog! ha! Oh...and Riley now lives with Mark and Juliann!!! Too cute!)

2 comments:

janelle said...

Sweet. That's all...

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Oh cool! What a sweet moment. Of course, Jules' house is one of my favorite places to be, too. Makes me "homesick" for her ... and for you, too!