100 Days
Reading my email today I get a lot of invites to lose weight, to make money at home, and of course, the ones that tell me that a zillionaire overseas has left me millions.
As you can see, I have my spamblocker set not to block anything. There are emails I haven't been receiving, an want to make sure I get everything I want. So in getting what I want, I also get all the things I don't want (is there a life lesson here?).
I'm taking a break from my usual Ethiopia or kids posting for just a minute.
Yesterday was Obama's 100th day as President. While I rejoice that as a country we have elected an African American president...I cry at what he stands for and where he is bringing our country.
Here's what he's accomplished the last 100 days:
- Signed an executive order allowing taxpayer funding to go to international groups that promote or provide abortions.
- Opened the door for more human embryos to be destroyed for unethical stem-cell research despite science showing that adult stem cells provide cures; to date, embryonic stem cells have not.
- Begun the process of rescinding the Bush health care provider conscience regulations. This move comes at a time when the U.S. is experiencing a shortage of practicing physicians, a drop one senator described as reaching "crisis proportions." Making it easier for hospitals and medical schools to discriminate against physicians based on their moral or religious beliefs will only drive more of them out of the profession.
- Lifted a seven-year ban on taxpayer funding of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which is linked to forced abortion programs.
- Nominated Hillary Clinton as secretary of State. Clinton is an ardent pro-abortion politician who recently accepted Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger award. During her acceptance speech, Clinton praised the eugenicist Sanger as a great American.
- Nominated Kathleen Sebelius as secretary of Health and Human Services. Sebelius is one of the most pro-abortion governors in the country.
- Nominated Dawn Johnsen, former legal director of NARAL Pro-Choice America, to head the Office of Legal Counsel at the Department of Justice. Johnsen has called motherhood “involuntary servitude” and has said that restrictions on abortion make women nothing more than “fetal containers."
- Attacked charitable giving by proposing a reduced tax deduction for gifts to nonprofits. If it becomes law, it will have a major impact on faith-based ministry giving and other nonprofits.
- Signed a bill that kills the District of Columbia’s successful school-choice program. The program benefits low-income families by providing private-school scholarships. Approximately 3,500 students have benefited from this program.
- Nominated David Hamilton to the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Hamilton has been a board member for the ACLU and a fundraiser for ACORN. He has ordered the Indiana legislature to end its historic practice of beginning each session with a prayer, and has written an opinion in opposition to abortion clinics providing information to women about alternatives.
- Appointed Ellen Moran to a major communications post at the White House. Moran is the former executive director of the pro-abortion EMILY’s List.
- Nominated David Ogden, Tom Perrelli, Elena Kagan and Harold Koh to top Department of Justice and State Department posts. Ogden has been a legal advocate for pornography producers; Perelli helped lead the legal fight to remove the feeding tube from Terri Schiavo; Kagan supported denying military recruiters access to law schools; and Koh strongly advocates mixing foreign law into important U.S. constitutional debates.
- Expressed support for hate-crimes legislation and will sign if it reaches his desk. The House will vote on the measure April 29 (passed). The legislation creates a special class of crime based on the victim’s sexual orientation. Those accused of “inducing” a federal hate crime could be held responsible for the actions of another person. For example, pastors preaching against homosexuality could be charged with a crime if someone listening committed a “hate crime” against a gay individual.
- Ordered a legal review of hiring-and-firing standards instituted by faith-based groups that receive federal funding.
- Released a Department of Homeland Security “watch list” that included pro-life Americans.
Let's not forget that he's the first President in history to tell the world the USA is NOT a Christian nation.
If you voted for him, is this what you wanted?
God Bless (and protect) America.






5 comments:
Sigh.
The comment that makes me the most sad is the one by Dawn Johnsen; stating that women are just "fetal carriers." I don't have any desire to be pregnant again, or to have more children. But I would never ever trade the privilege of being allowed to have God knit a baby (x3) together in my womb; to feel that baby grow inside me and move and then to be able to meet that child and watch her, her and him grow. I'm not a fetal carrier, I'm a child of God carrier!
"Clinton is an ardent pro-abortion politician"
I think it's called "pro-choice," not "pro-abortion." I doubt you'd like it if non-Christians referred to Christianity as "anti-logic."
I hope all is well in your world.
"Expressed support for hate-crimes legislation and will sign if it reaches his desk. The House will vote on the measure April 29 (passed). The legislation creates a special class of crime based on the victim’s sexual orientation. Those accused of “inducing” a federal hate crime could be held responsible for the actions of another person. For example, pastors preaching against homosexuality could be charged with a crime if someone listening committed a “hate crime” against a gay individual."
You think this is a BAD idea?
You know the church also used scripture, "the word of God", to defend slavery? When I read this sort of thing (what you wrote above) it breaks my heart.
"USA is NOT a Christian nation."
Of course ths US is a Christian nation, but it is also a nation of Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists, Scientologists, Breatharians etc, etc.
"If you voted for him, is this what you wanted?"
Yes, it is.
"God Bless (and protect) America."
And the rest of the world too.
'I doubt you'd like it if non-Christians referred to Christianity as "anti-logic."'
Vanessa, Honey...you just did.
Over and over and over times 3.
Your sister told me I was the first Christian she'd met who wasn't judgmental towards her. I Wish I could say the the same about my new agnostic friend.
Praying for you...
Post a Comment