In China
I had a little chat with Jaden (just 3) at bedtime last night while we were rocking.
It's good to talk about a child's adoption story when they're young, so its just a part of them. Nothing surprising later in life. Jaden knows he was in China and Mom and Dad came to get him. We probably don't talk about it as often as we should. But, for example, my screensaver rotates pictures. When a picture of China, or Jaden in China comes up, oftentimes he points and says, "China!" And then we'll say something like, yes, Jaden was in China, etc.
But lately he's been talking in fuller sentences. It's so cute. Especially his prayers at night. WAY stinkin' cute.
So we're rocking and talking. I tell him I'm soooo glad that God told us where to get him in China. That we wanted him to be here with us so badly. That we're so glad he's with us now. How we waited for him. Jaden was 16 months old when he came home. I asked him if he was waiting for us in China...
.
.
.
"I miss you," he said.
.
.
.
.
Oh my. Wow. Love you, buddy. What an awesome God we serve.







No comments:
Post a Comment