Monday, July 31, 2006

Our first Homestudy Visit is done!

Yeah!! Our first visit is done! And thank you all so much for your prayers. It went so well. Nothing to it. Leah is the gals name who's doing our homestudy. She is so nice and so helpful. She takes the "pain" right out of it. I think it might help a little that I'm used to a bit of paperwork and having my house looked at because of daycare. To be registered in Iowa to do daycare you have to have 3 visits a year, 2 unannounced, and there's lots of paper work. Although from what I hear, this "venture" is going to be a lot more paperwork!

And for those of you who are wondering, she didn't look in any closets. =) She let the kids tour her around our house. She didn't even look around the outside at the yard, like I thought she would. Oh, well, now everything looks nice around here (at least for tonight until the daycare kids...what am I saying...even my kids have at it tomorrow). We set up probable dates for our next 3 visits, all in August. Many international countries only require as many visits as your state requires (Iowa requires 2), but China requires 4. Thanks again for your prayers, they're working!

An update on the abandoned kitten. He/she (I'm not good at telling those things) was doing quite well in the box we had her in...until Shelby got to her. Yes, our adorable little Shih zu "played" her to death. It was so sad. Shianne screamed and screamed when she saw her and then cried hard for about 5 minutes. Sierra didn't cry until we had a little "funeral" for her next to where we buried her (requested by the kids, I didn't have the heart to deny them). Then Sierra cried and cried, "I miss Sprinkles (the name they gave her) for a 1/2 hour. It was so sad. Who would have thought Shelby was going to do that? Not me, obviously, or I wouldn't have left the box on the floor!

Thanks again for the prayers. Our next homestudy it hopefully going to be August 18.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm just seeing if I can post without a username and password. If I can, so can you! All you need to do is click on anonymous and the sign in section should disappear. But be sure to leave your name so I know who you are! Thanks for staying in touch as we continue our journey.