School
Scrapbook page for our dossierWell, the girls are well on their way in school. School started Aug 23rd. Sierra is in Kindergarten and Shianne is in the 2nd grade already. Pictured above is their first day of school picture taken on our driveway, a picture of their school (Ireton Christian), and pictures of them with their teachers in their classrooms.
For our dossier to China, I need up to 8 pages of picutures (some of which have to be specific, like pictures of our home) showing what we like to do together and what our life is like, etc. They prefer them scrapbooked. For those of you who know me you know that this isn't a problem! I love to scrapbook. And...I've discovered something new...digiscrapbooking, or digital scrapbooking. I create pages on the computer, and then have them printed out at a print shop. They don't have the same effect as real scrapbooking, but they still look good, and I think it's great for this project. I need 3 copies of the pages, and they'll have to be mailed of course, so it'll be nice that they're flat.
If you're interested, there's lots of places online that offer free downloads of paper and embellishments. Just email me and I'll send you some. Of course, there are one's available for purchase as well. But there is a lot of free stuff out there.
Well, I had disappointing mail today. A form that I sent off about a month ago for immigration came back to me (sigh). It was one of those that was important to send off right away. I sent a personal check with it and I guess I was supposed to send a cashiers check or money order. So they sent the whole application back. We got the mail after the bank was closed, and we don't have that kind of cash laying around so it'll have to be mailed Tuesday. Frustrating. Ah, well, all in God's timing.
Hope everyone has a GREAT Labor Day weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment