Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Our Homestudy Visits are DONE!

Whoo Hooo!

Monday night we had our last and quite painless homestudy visit. What a relief to have that part done. Our homestudy isn't quite done in that we are waiting for some paperwork yet. Waiting on a letter from our insurance co. stating when Jaden can be added, and waiting on some references to be sent in yet (we needed to put down six references).

When that's done, it will be sent to our adoption agency for review, and then sent back to our social worker for revisions if necessary, then I believe sent in again for review, then if everything's ok, she'll get copies notarized.

One of the copies will go to the immigration office. After they receive that, then they'll send us a date when we can go to Des Moines or Omaha to get fingerprinted. Then that part will be done. However there's still a ton of things to do for our dossier that I have to keep plugging away at. I thought of a good analogy as I was trying to go to sleep last night. Have you seen those "money machines" at fairs? They put you in this little booth and air is blowing around with money blowing everywhere. Whatever money you can catch, you can keep. I imagine myself with adoption paperwork blowing around. I catch one piece, do something with it, it blows away and I try to catch another piece.

A lot of the paperwork I do something to it, then wait for someone else to do something to it. Or I email it to our agency for their ok, then wait for their response, then make changes. In the meantime I see another item that I should be working on and start on that. Some things take longer than others, so I feel like they kinda all need to be up in the air at once so they all get started. Although they aren't all started yet. Does that make sense? If any of you who have adopted have any advice for this stage, please send it on over. I'm all ears!

Please send up a prayer of thanksgiving that our homestudy visits went so well and so quickly. There are people out there who have all their dossier documents completed and our still waiting to start their homestudy. We are so blessed.

No comments: