Adoption Update
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted! Along with being busy busy busy, my hard drive crashed!!! Yikes! Those of you attached to your computers know that that can be stressful. Can I emphasize enough to back up everything?! That said, I'm bad at that! It had probably been at least 6 weeks since I'd backed up anything, and then not everything. But, thankfully, I have a computer wizard friend that managed to save almost everything on my computer. Yeah! But before he knew if he'd be able to, he asked me what was most important to me on it. I paused, he repeated the question. He said it would probably continue crashing as he extracted files, so what was most important? It wasn't that I didn't understand the question, I just didn't know how to pick! Hmmm...adoption records...business records...tax stuff...checkbook stuff...huge project for the kids school...and not to mention a summer's worth of pictures that I haven't developed yet. How do you pick?? Praise the Lord it worked out. And even now for the best, since I got extra memory, too. So now it runs faster.
An update on our adoption. The paperchasing process is going slooooooooow at this point. I was starting to wonder if I could look for our fingerprinting date (probably in Des Moines) in our mailbox any time soon. They send that out sometime after they get a copy of our homestudy. So, finally, I emailed our social worked to ask how our homestudy was coming. She hadn't sent it even to our adoption agency for review yet, cuz...she hadn't receive our payment!! Ugh! I couldn't believe I'd forgotten to send that out, so I put it in the mail right away, a little frustrated at yet another delay that could end up having Jaden home a month later than we'd hoped. The good news is, I discovered today that I didn't mess up! In putting the check into my computer check register, I saw that I had already mailed the check...and it had already cleared our bank. This made me feel a lot better. So I emailed our social worker a note that she should already have it. I know it's all in God's timing, and this must be a part of that. Funny, isn't it? That I can accept a mistake on their part as part of God's timing, but not my own? Hmmm...better rethink that one! I also have a few more documents to create on my computer as well, but that shouldn't take too long, and we need to be fingerprinted before we can send those in. But I do want to get to them soon so they're done when they need to be.






No comments:
Post a Comment