Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cursillo

Wow, I can't believe how time flies by. Sorry I'm not posting more often. Hopefully after this weekend I'll have more time (or maybe after November, then after Christmas, how's January looking for you??). What's this weekend, you ask. My "practice talk" for Cursillo. Ah, yes, I've never really explained Cursillo, have I?

Cursillo is a spiritual retreat held over a weekend. A Thursday evening through a Sunday evening. It's for men and women, but the men go one weekend, and the women go the next. It's geared toward married couples, but quite often there are singles that attend as well. You need to have a sponsor to go, but it's free for you to go. If you want to deepen your relationship with Christ, it's an awesome weekend. There's still room at this November Cursillo, if you'd like to go, let me know. I can honestly say you won't regret it. Brandy and I have been so blessed by it. What do you do all weekend? Mostly listen to speakers. One of whom, for the women's weekend, is me! Scary, huh? It is a great weekend, if you'd like to get away, it's so refreshing. And for women anyway, relaxing! Everything is done for you. Lots of great food, and you don't have to clean or anything. =)

So this Saturday, I have a daycare class in the a.m. and then Cursillo team meetings in the afternoon, at which I give my talk to practice for the Cursillo weekend. The people listening give me feedback. I've gave a talk at a Cursillo (different talk) in February, so I know a little what to expect. And the feedback is always really kind. But I'm still nervous! So please pray that it goes well, and that it's God speaking through me, not me just saying what I want to say.

No comments: