Sunday, December 03, 2006

Busy and Exciting Weekend

We had lots going on this "weekend." I guess Thursday wasn't part of the weekend, but close enough. Thursday Brandy and I went to Sioux Falls to get our fingerprints done!!! It went great!!! Yeah!!! We arrived early in case we couldn't find it and basically got right in, so we were done even bofore our 11 a.m. appointment. To backtrack a little, we were concerned that Brandy's fingerprints wouldn't turn out (yes, this is possible, wonder why it doesn't seem to happen on CSI?? :) because they are so rough and cauloused from working with his hands. So for a week or more we've been doing Mary Kay's "Satin Hands" on his hands often and lotioning every day. His hands looked pretty good. Turns out he had better prints than I did! Something about his ridges were more defined, which the lady said is common with men because their hands are bigger. We were happy to see that they used a computer instead of the old fashioned ink prints. This way the computer can tell you to redo them if necessary. If you have an ink print you may not know if it's acceptable or not until they send it off, and then you'd be called back in again. They've had the computer version for almost a year. It was exciting to have that step completed and then we did most of our Christmas shopping. The mall wasn't even too crowded, which is good because I don't really like crowds (or shopping, crowds just make it worse). It was a great day.

It was also Sierra Grace's 6th birthday yesterday!! Wow, I can't believe my baby girl is growing up. I'll post pictures of the big day later.

This afternoon we had a Cursillo reunion. It's a get together two or three weeks after your Cursillo weekend to worship together and to stay in touch. It was great to see everyone again. Well, not everyone, of course there were those who couldn't make it and they were missed.

Speaking of Cursillo, Brandy is going to work another Cursillo this coming week. Except it will be quite different! He's working a "Brothers in Blue" Cursillo...or a prison Cursillo. He leaves Wednesday late afternoon and comes home late Sunday night. I'm excited for him. It should be quite an experience. They spend from about 8 am to 8:30 pm in the prison in Fort Dodge, and then stay at someone's house for the night. So please pray for him.

God Bless you all!

No comments: