Monday, January 15, 2007

Ramada

This weekend we went to the Ramada in Sioux Falls. Instead of getting the kids Christmas presents this year (we did do stockings though, and a bit more than normal on those) we took them two nights to a fun hotel with a water park. They get so many presents with all of our family around, and we asked them what they'd rather have before Christmas, and they all "voted" for the hotel. We had a great time. We stayed in a suite, so Mom & Dad got their own room :). It had a kitchenette, so to offset the cost of the hotel a bit, we took food and only ate out once. This is a picture of the "pirate ship" with 3 slides. The kids loved it. Especially Sierra and Tye. The water around it was only a foot deep. There was also another small slide, and of course Shianne loved the big slide you can see in the background. There was also another regular pool and two hot tubs. I preferred the hot tubs! But I loved watching the kids have fun.
Tye was a fish! I couldn't believe it. Here is is getting all wet!

The only down side was the girls got sick with fevers. Shianne Saturday evening and Sierra Sunday morning. So only Brandy and Tye went swimming Sunday morning. Thankfully they didn't feel too bad, yet bad enough that they didn't mind staying in the room and watching tv. We had swam lots before that so they didn't feel they missed out. Shianne was still sick today, but I think both of them can go to school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

Looks like a ton of fun - what a great idea - I'm going to remember that for next year - who needs presents anyway?!?!? Sorry to hear that you got sickness though - that's so frustrating!! Hope they are feeling better now.