A "Rock" n Roller?
This morning I noticed that right before the girls left for school, Sierra had a rock/pebble in her boot. Tye wanted it, so she handed it to him. No big deal, he's 3, going on 4. Since it's my day off, after they left I decided to catch a little extra morning snooze in bed while Tye watched a short video.
All the sudden I hear him crying and he comes into my room saying, "a waht in my ehr."
"What?"
Pushing in his ear his cries, "a waht in my ehr."
I said, "tell me you don't have a rock in your ear..."
He nods his head and cries harder. "It hurts." He had put the pebble in his ear.
I got out of bed!
A little history, about a year and a half ago, my then 4 year old Sierra put a round flat battery up her nose. After going to the local ER, we were sent to the Sioux City ER to get it out. Much screaming involved. Not very fun. This is flashing through my mind as my son is crying.
I called the clinic, they graciously (with Tye crying in the background) get me in right away at 9 even tho they didn't really have an opening then. I had tried a tweezers to no avail. I could see the little pebble, but couldn't get a hold of it. The dr tried the same thing with her special, nasty looking tweezers...no dice. She was getting that look on her face that said to me, I don't know if we can get this.
Tye was doing wonderfully. He had stopped crying long before we got there, and although he really wanted that "waht" out of his ear, sat still as a statue and never complained. After messing with different tools, they decided to try water. They put a cape on him (like at the hairdresser) and shot water into his ear while he sat on my lap. There was just enough space around the pebble that the nurse thought it might work. And YEAH! it did. Plink went the pebble in the dish. Whew.
So that was our excitement for today. Boy was I glad we didn't have to go to Sioux City! Now we just have a story to tell. So do you suppose my little boy will grow up with an "ear" for "rock" n roll? :)






2 comments:
Glad things turned out so good for Tye! Nice pun at the end too!
Oh, that was me, Janelle
Post a Comment