Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Snow Window

Hello all! Here I am with another prayer request. Knowing and seeing especially recently how much prayer works, I'm requesting prayer for a window in the blizzard that's called for tomorrow. If you like, you can pray for no blizzard (don't worry, the poor weatherman will still get paid even if he's wrong!), or if you're one of my buds that loves a good blizzard, then please pray for a window.

Tomorrow night is the start of the Women's Cursillo. If you haven't heard of it before, it's a weekend retreat at Inspiration Hills (there's a link to the right). It's a time when women can spend 3 days getting filled up with the love of the Creator, and the knowledge of how deep that love is. Typically it's for married couples, and the men had their weekend last weekend. I can't imagine not being able to go as a wife after my husband went through.

Inspiration Hills is a busy place and possibly hard to book, and between the Candidates going through and the Palanca (people who've been Candidates before, and are now working to put the weekend together) there are about 140 people schedued to be there. I cannot imagine rescheduling that. Long story short, please pray for a window of time that we can all get there. Then it can blizzard for the next 3 days and that would be fine! Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

God is in charge! And I'm so encouraged by that. But we need to pray. God chooses to work through prayer. It's His choice. And if that's how, at least sometimes, He chooses to get things accomplished, then let's pray and pray!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

Yep, I am one of those that LOVE the blizzard stuff, but I will definatly pray for a window!!! What a great opportunity and one I know God will use for His glory!!