Bizzard of 2007
I think 20 years from now, we'll all be old folks (well, older anyway...LOL! and definitely driving the younger generation crazy) saying,
"Do you remember that Blizzard we had in 2007? Yeah, and I believe it was in March, too, of all things."
To which I'll add, "Yup. And it was the first year they ever postponed a Cursillo weekend."
Well, at least the people I've talked with think it's the first. We are wondering what God has up His sleeve, but, as disappointing as it is not to be there, we know He's got a plan going on. Please pray for the weekend, that it reschedules easily. Also please pray for the women who are Candidates. It's not easy having to wait even a week after your husband has gone through, and now they'll have to wait longer! We haven't heard word on when it is yet.
The kids were so disappointed this morning when I told them! At 8:30 I got an email saying all was still a go but get there as soon as you can. And, of course, I had saved my packing for today. So I'm rushing around. I had decided not to shower till I got there (did I mention we're having sewer issues, ah yes, words for another post, fun, fun). The kids were all packed and ready to go to our friend's house, and very excited. About 20 minutes before I was hoping to leave (wondering how we were going to get anywhere but knowing God was in control) I got the call that it's been postponed. I told the kids that it had been cancelled for the weekend. They just cried. They wanted to stay at their friends Sam and Brynn's house so bad! We had a fun day at home together, but still disappointing.
Later on, Sierra and I were talking about winter and how she wished it was summer. Then she says to me with confusion and indignation, "Why can't we go to Sam and Brynn's house? Sam and Brynn's house isn't canceled, is it?!"
Ah, the logic of a child...






No comments:
Post a Comment