Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bluegrass

Even Kalli got tired of waiting up for me last night!

Well, for my friends that have been wondering where in the world I've been the past few weeks, it's been working on the Ireton Christian School Bluegrass Concert ad book. It's hasn't been as bad as last year, but I'd guess that 40+ hours in front of the computer is a low estimate. After a certain point, you quit counting. That's not counting printing tickets, being on the phone, or going to meetings.

But last night a little after midnight, I finished it!!!!! Hoo Ray!!!! I'm taking it to the publishing company this afternoon. Well, I'm not totally finished, but the majority of the work is done. They'll get our committee a proof, and I'll have to make some changes but...I'm free at last!! I also will have to print out a gazillion fliers, but that will just be watching the printer.

Brandy said last night he would be glad when it was done. He's really picked up the slack around here (Thanks, Hon!). Thursday night Brandy took the kids to our friends' home, and my girlfriend asked him, "Where's Mom?" (She knew). Tye said, "puter...all day." Well, not during daycare, but otherwise yes! So today I'm dancing around the house as I do laundry, dishes, and oh, yeah, post to my blog! :)

It's worth it though. Because even tho it's a huge amount of work (the other committee members, and the other school parents work hard at their parts as well), it's a BIG fundraiser for our school. So there's satisfaction in seeing it come together.

An update on Dad. Thank you so much for your prayers!! By Sunday morning he was well enough to go to church, then to coffee at Grandma's, and then to see the kids' Pioneer Club program at night. He was tired after that, but happy that the exhaustion was gone. The next one will be the Wednesday before Easter, so hopefully he'll feel better by Sunday again.

No comments: