Monday, April 23, 2007

From the Mouths of Babes

A little precursor...I was a bit on edge around 9ish this evening...then when I went to tuck in my son, this is the first thing he said,

"Say sorry you streamed at me, Mommy."

"What?"

"Say sorry you streamed at me."

(imagine me laughing and laughing silently, and then, saying seriously)

"I'm sorry, honey."

"It's otay, Mommy."

Oh, how I love that little boy! Wow. I was a bit stressed out tonight about a phone conversation I'd had, along with tying up loose ends from the busy past month (side note--the Bluegrass Concert is finished and was a success! Praise the Lord!!!). Anyway...Tye was being unusually full of energy tonight, even for a 4 year old. And with my state of mind, after trying to rein in the energy in the grocery store along with his sister, and trying to calm him down so he'd get ready for bed. I lost my patience. I wouldn't say I "streamed" (aka screamed) at him, but I did yell.

I was glad he asked me to apologize. I want my kids to know that I'm not perfect (there for them, able to care for them, but not perfect) and there are times when I need to apologize to them, and I try to. It looks like Tye gets this. So, if you "stream" at your kids, be ready to apologize!

3 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Just found you off of Becky's blog. Can't wait to hear more about Jaden. C'mon TA! ;)

Miriam said...

Aren't kids the greatest Jesus lesson teachers? I mean, I should have NEVER asked God for patience! :-)
Love ya!
Miriam

Beckyb said...

Wow - haven't we all been there?!?! Mom's need forgiveness too - that's what I hope my kids are learning!!! :)