Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Life Lessons?

I was a bit down and out this morning. I know these aren't tough issues, like the death of a family member or friend, or huge life changing disappointments, and I also know that my kids have to learn these things, but this morning I wanted to ask God if He thought that was about enough. And since He knows my mind even better than I do, I guess I did ask Him that.

I was having my breakfast and devotions on our deck in the beautiful morning weather, when I noticed 2 kittens are missing. After the attack of the tom cat, we were down to four. And they are so adorable and the kids just love them to pieces. Well, I hope I'm wrong, but I looked and looked and can only find two now. They don't usually go far from their mamas (I say "mamas" because since one lost all her kittens and one lost all but one, the remaining kittens have 3 moms now, it's so cute). I'm wondering if Mr. Tom has struck again. The kids haven't figured it out yet, but it breaks my heart to think of their reaction when they do. I'd shoot that Tom myself if I knew how to shoot a gun. And I don't like guns.

After my breakfast Brandy looked quite sad, so I asked him what was wrong. He had to put a week old puppy down. It was dying and it was inhumane just to let him die a slow death. We had 8 Boxer pups last week, now we're down to 5. And it was hard for him to put the pup down.

Then on to the ball game. Once again they lost. Shianne's team hasn't won a game yet this year. It would be so nice if they could win one or two. She's getting a bit discouraged.

Wonder what God is up to? You'll be happy to know that I'm not nearly so down now! But I still wonder what His plan is. Someday I'll know...

No comments: