Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Huge Blessing! and Please Help...

Last night, my girlfriend, Shannon, gave me a call. Her mom has a friend staying with her from California--Shari. Shari is in town for a while because her mother is dying (please pray for them).

Shari owns a quilt store in California. It seems Shannon and Shari got to talking and Jaden's quilt came up. Shannon showed her our squares on our Quilt Blog.

Shari wants to do our quilt! Sew together the pieces and do the quilting!! For FREE! I told Shannon that would be wonderful! Shari said it would help her keep her mind off of her mom. She asked if I knew how I wanted it done, I said my only requests were that the backing be red (lucky color in China) and the entire quilt be sewn with red thread. There's a Chinese saying that talks about how certain people are tied together with red thread...the thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.

Shannon called again and said that Shari asks that we only gather 99 squares...because she'd like to donate one. She has 6 squares of red fabric with Chinese symbols on it!!! She'll put them on the back as one big square to make 100. Can you believe it??

I had been wondering who would put together Jaden's quilt, and how much it would cost. I'm yet again amazed at God's blessings! Wow.

Only one problem...but not a problem too big for God, that's for sure! She wants the squares before we leave. So, ummm...that would be next Tuesday!! We still need about 40 more squares!!! Hmmm....well, I figure, this sounds like a God thing to me, so if it's meant to be, He'll make it happen! If you haven't sent us a square for Jaden's quilt, could you help?

Click HERE for instructions for the quilt squares. It's really very easy! Check out the blog for Jaden's Quilt, I've posted a couple of fun ones!

No comments: