Cinderella Ball
Ok, last night was hilarious!! Our church had a big fundraiser called, "It's For the Kids." There are 3 families in our church community with small children with large medical bills, and the money went to their families.
There were carnival games with prizes, a tractor and car show, a petting zoo, a movie in the park, and the big event, the Cinderella ball game. What is that, you ask?! It's when guys put dresses on and play ball. They use purses for gloves and a variety of different things for bats and balls. It was so funny. We laughed and laughed. Weeks ago Brandy was not really interested in participating until his accountability group decided to form a team.
His accountability group has a core verse, Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
So the name they picked for their team? The Iron Maidens. LOL I have to say, it takes a man pretty secure in his masculinity to dress up like a woman even though he really doesn't want to. Brandy couldn't even make himself try it on until the day of the game!
Shianne kept saying, "That's my Dad!"
In the excitement of the game, Brandy forgot momentarily he was in a dress (how could he forget?!?) and slid into 3rd base. OUCH! He's hurtin today!








3 comments:
Brandy - sorry to hear about the leg! It looks sore!
As for the dress - well, I really can't think of anything to say that I'm sure you haven't already heard.
Just remember it was for a great cause! I'm just glad there are pictures!
What a HOOT!!!! Sorry about the leg, Brandy...at least you won't have to shave there for a while! LOL...I know, I'm mean, sorry.
Looks as if it was a great time, I heard about it yesterday, sorry I missed it!
ROFL over here! You had a mighty fine wife for a day!!! I just hope his dress didn't fly up too far when he slid! Too funny!
Post a Comment