Reflections of a Waiting Mom
I'm tired. Tired of waiting. I'm obviously impatient, because we've been so blessed that the wait has gone so good so far! But I miss my little boy. I've got three of my four children in my fold, but my heart says it's time to go get my lost little lamb.
You know, I used to wonder how Jesus the Good Shepherd could leave the 99 behind (although He never really leaves us) to go and look for his lost lamb. I think I have a better idea now.
A few years back, we were given the opportunity through Brandy's job to go to Austrailia. I couldn't do it. I had no desire to leave my babies that far behind. Granted, they were littler then. But it didn't even tempt me.
Now, in order to bring my little lamb home, I can leave my other 3 lambs in the fold without me. I can go halfway around the world. This time is different. I need to go. I won't hesitate. For this little while, the one needs me more than the 3. And I know God will be with them when I'm gone.
I was hoping our TA would come yesterday. As you may have guessed, it did not.
God, I'm trusting, leaning, holding on to your timing. Be with all our kids, Lord. Amen






2 comments:
Oh, Carey, I can only imagine what you're feeling. Praying your TA comes this week, and that Jaden will be home very soon.
My prayer is that you will receive your TA quickly and that very soon your family will be all together, where God wants you to be!
Post a Comment