Sierra's New Room
It's finished! Saturday evening I finished Sierra's new room with the help of my wonderful hubby (and Sierra). With the new arrival of Jaden, Sierra and Tye are switching rooms so Tye and Jaden can have the bigger room. So, for the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to get it painted.
This is when it was Tye's room...

Now it's Sierra's room!


Lots of pink for my girly girl! She special ordered it just so, and I did my best to oblige.
As you can see, I painted cotton candy pink over John Deere green (poor Brandy!). I'm so glad I got it accomplished. I'm quite a novice painter. It's not something I enjoy doing at all, and my allergies like to act up when I paint. I had never painted a ceiling before, or stripes, so I was quite happy with how it turned out. Sierra adores it! And I'm so glad.
I had one major misshap. When I was putting on primer over the green, I was on my knees by the baseboard backing up. Kalli, our cocker spaniel, was right behind me (or so I thought) so I gave her a gentle shove with my foot...and tipped over the gallon of white primer leaving about a 1/3 of it on the floor! Ahhhh!!! And of course it wasn't on the drop cloth. Ahhhh!!!
So I scooped it up with a serving spoon, diluted it with water, and started with my SpotBot. I wouldn't recommend that. Apparently SpotBots aren't equipped to suck up paint. All of a sudden I lost suction, turned around and found white paint coming out of the bottom of the machine in an altogether different spot. More paint on the floor...and no more SpotBot.
Well, long story short, Brandy came home (thank goodness), we got out the shop vac and did the best we could. It's ok, it's just lighter than the rest of the carpet. Thank goodness it wasn't the pink or purple! After that, I covered everything in plastic. Everything.
So I'm very quite excited that it's done! And so is Sierra. On to Tye and Jaden's room.






3 comments:
I LOVE the new room - you did great - sorry about the pain spills though - that is not fun!
I would've liked to hear that your project was without mishaps, I'm gearing up for a project of my own and something like a mess free time for someone else would have given me hope that my own project would go without misfortune...
I'm pretty sure I'll be making a huge mess nonetheless!
I love "When Love Takes You In" and I have never heard this live version. I love it!! Where did you find it?
Love the pink room! So girly! You did a great job. Hate cleaning up the paint messes. And I also usually try to do it without drop cloths first.
Post a Comment