Crash and Burn
We're back to the blog! And it feels good to be back. I do like the Journey to Me website, but I've been blogging for a year and it's comfortable for me.
Well, it's Saturday night (I think...time is so messed up) and I'm finally starting to feel somewhat alive again. Things went well when we got back Thursday night. Brandy's parents brought our kids home and my folks stopped by to meet Jaden as well. They stayed for about an hour (and of course they loved their new grandson!). The kids adore Jaden.
I knew I'd be tired when we got back. Everyone told me the jet lag is worse coming home...along with all the emotions, etc. But Brandy and Jaden and I totally crashed and burned! Wow. Thankfully Jaden has slept a lot, because so have we! The first night he did well, he was only up for an hour, otherwise he slept for 11 hours. Last night he was a bit mixed up, and he was up from midnight till three...but then he slept until 11:45...and so did we! Can you believe it? And I was still tired! Then this afternoon we took a 2.5 hour nap! Yesterday was much the same. I felt like I could sleep for 3 days straight. But now tonight I'm getting a little bit more awake. I wouldn't say I've got much energy...but I'm not walking around like a zombie. It's so evident that God is with us though, because even though we are beyond tired, Brandy and I are not fighting and we haven't been cranky with the kids.
Something else...last night I was a little overwhelmed. New toddler in the house, trying to get back to a routine...school starts Wednesday and we're not ready...will I be ready to get back to daycare in less than a month?...But God brought the Israelites to mind. After He parted the Red Sea and showed them how truly miraculous He is...they still worried about their day to day...would they have food and water, etc. I'm doing the same thing! God moved moutains bringing Jaden home to us and taking care of us in China...why would I doubt that He'd take care of the day to day stuff? One day at a time, Carey, one day at a time.
Jaden fought a fever/sinus/cough on the way home and yesterday. Today his fever seems to be gone, hallelujah. Brandy woke up with the same symptoms this morning at 6 am, including a fever. Although he's been down for the count most of the day, his fever hasn't come back. My chest is tight and and my sinuses are plugged...but not too bad...so hopefully that's it for myself and the rest of the kids.
Jaden has had some upset adjustment times, but mostly he's doing very well. It was crazy, when we walked into the house it truly was like he knew he was home. He smiled and looked very content. The kids are very happy he's here. Although Jaden has been a tiny bit jealous of them, they are doing well with sharing Mom and Dad with their little brother.
Our plan was for Brandy and the 3 older kids to go to church tomorrow, but because Brandy's still a bit under the weather, and I'm no ball of fire, we may all stay home. But we'd love to go to church...so we'll see what transpires.
Thanks again for all of your prayers. Please keep praying that we all adjust well. Jaden is such a wonderful addition to our family, but everyone will have to make a little adjustment.
I posted some pictures today on the journey to me website (see below). If you haven't seen them, check them out. God Bless!






5 comments:
So glad you're back safely. I'm eager to meet Jaden, and the kids are eager to hang with yours again.
Lots of love,
Miriam
Just hang in there and try to rest when you can - that's the key!! We SO loved following your journey - isn't God Good!?!?! You will be ready to "return to life" - but you are so right - take it only one day at a time - it all comes together - just takes an adjustment!!!
I just looked at your pics on the other site. So cute! Thanks for sharing! Looks like Jaden has some very proud siblings.
Oh you guys...I just got done catching up on the site at journey to me and WOW!! It is amazing to see how much he blossomed in the short time he's been with you!! I was seriously in tears watching the videos after reading about his development in the first few days blogs- AMAZING! He is the CUTEST little boy!! I am so excited to meet him! He seems to have the cutest little personality!
All of those pics were so cool- the one with Mama holding him by the bridge- wow that was pretty moving...
God is GREAT! I am just so happy that you are back here and safe and sound! Prayers that the little guy keeps feeling better!
Lots of love from the Roorda family-
Praising God for your new little one! Isn't it amazing?!? You will continue to be in our prayers and thoughts as you adjust.
Every blessing,
Dawn Burnett
Post a Comment