First Week Home
Yesterday it was 2 weeks since Gotcha Day (still haven't decided if that's the term I'm going to use yet, but it'll work for now!). Can't hardly believe it's only been two weeks since Jaden's been in our arms. Seems much longer than that. What a blessing! What a joy!
Like our BTDT (been there, done that) friends have told us it would be, it's been a tough week. Tough, but still rewarding and wonderful to be home with our little guy. Jaden's fever really never did go away, apparently it was just playing hide and go seek. Took him to the doctor today. We're trying a different antibiotic. Although she said it could be a virus. Or it could simply be the stress. And Heaven knows our little guy has gone through and is still going through some tough times. Today was the first day since last Thursday that we've had him out of the house...although the car seat went very well (that must be an answer to prayer!), he seemed anxious, preoccupied, nervous at the drs office. I know I know, that's a lot to tell on a little guy! But really I think he was. And if you think about it, he could be thinking, what next? Cause he's had so many changes. And although he'll aways be a part of our family, he doesn't know that like we do.
He hasn't been drinking well...please pray for that. He's drinking enough so that he's not dehydrated, but with his cold and fever, he should be drinking a lot more. He is eating well, though! Yeah!
Whatever Jaden has, seems he's sharing as well...but not as drastically. Brandy had a fever on Saturday, Shianne and Monday, and Tye today. But for them, thankfully, it seems to be a one day event.
He's been quite cranky...I'm guessing between his fever and congestion and all the changes...that'd make me cranky, too. Sometimes though, he shows what I believe to be his true happy self. I really think once we get past all this he'll be a happy, content little guy. Last night he was hamming it up for supper. Like any new mom, it just takes that one smile to make you forget about getting up during the night and crankiness!
Oh, and if you look close you'll see he has a black eye!! He's been pulling himself up on furniture, and the first day home he went boom! Right on his face. Welcome home?!? Poor guy. He's a tough little guy, though. He hardly cried. Oh, and last night was the first night he could go from laying on his tummy to sitting!! And he's trying to crawl on all fours along with the army crawl! He's still gaining by leaps and bounds.
Shianne and Sierra start school tomorrow! Wow, where does time go? They'll be in 3rd and 1st grade already. Please pray they have a great first week. It was great to see today...Sierra didn't want to go to 1st grade, she wanted to go back to Kindergarten. She was afraid 1st grade would be too hard. But Shianne played with her wonderfully today, and I don't know what she all told her, but now she's excited for 1st grade. Way to go, Shianne! I'm proud of both my girls!
Two of our friends have their little girls from Guatamala! They are just beautiful! You can see Olivia Here, and Amy is just as precious. Congratulations!!!






2 comments:
I sure hope everyone is well soon. Especially with school starting! I have one in 3rd and one in 1st as well. (and a 6th grader). Hope thing continue to go well, and everyone adjusts soon.
Know that I am still praying over here - we have been sick too so I TOTALLY hear you!!!
Post a Comment