I Get It...For Now
Even tho it was my "day off" today was busy. Had some tax stuff to figure out (fun, fun), Sierra had dance, had to go to Wal-Mart (don't like their ethics but unfortunately I succumb because we have few options in our rural area...still shouldn't support them, tho, I know), take the kids to Pioneer Club at church, and got mega groceries. Meanwhile thinking about all I have to do (couple new things came up...good things but have to get some stuff done first...we'll talk later) and to get ready for our Harvest Moon Party Friday night. Very much looking forward to having friends over, but for a bit I was a little overwhelmed...house is a mess, need to get things ready, dogs need baths, yadda yadda yadda. Our friends are awesome and they really won't care...but.
So I'm on my way home, and I catch part of Dr/Pastor Jerimiah on my favorite radio station. He's talking about giving things over to God. About how if we try to do things on our own, we'll fret, have fatigue, and fail anyway. Ok...deap breath, good reminder, I thought, and I prayed about it. Handed it over to God.
Got home, after a few minutes the phone rang. One of my daycare moms...one of her girls is sick and they aren't coming tomorrow. As much as I don't want them to be sick...I thought, wow, Lord, ok, that will give me more time tomorrow. I'll only have Tye, Jaden and my nephew, Dylan. Tye still has dance, and that will take up a chunk of the day...but it'll sure help.
After putting everything away and picking up, I come down to my computer and check my email. There's a message from the kids' dance studio. There's no dance tomorrow.
Ok, Lord, I get it! Thank you! And hopefully I'll remember for next time. God is good. And He is in the small stuff as well as the large stuff.






2 comments:
Glad it's all coming together. Can't wait to see pics of the party.
Can I ever relate!!! I totally hear you- that Moon Festival can be a lot of work - but oh, so fun!!! What we will have to look forward to when it's over?!?! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment