A Couple Plugs
I just had to tell you, I've just finished a book by a local author, Nicole Baart, entitled After the Leaves Fall. I know her a tiny bit from our local adoption meetings, so I ordered it about as soon as I heard about it. I would highly recommend this book!!! It started off a bit slow, but after I was into it I could hardly put it down! And I sheepishly admit, I can be a bit picky when it comes to my reading. Nicole has a gift from God, to be sure, and she is using it to His glory. Amazon (or probably your local bookstore) carries it if you'd like to check it out.
Speaking of our local adoption meetings, I also wanted to put in a plug for Katelyn's Fund. It's an honor for us to be associated with them and we were also blessed immensely by them in the form of an adoption grant. God is growing them by leaps and bounds. If you are feeling constrained by the expense of adoption, please do not hesitate to contact them.
Not only have we been blessed by them financially, but we've also been ministered by them emotionally and spiritually by the connection they've given us to other adoptive families. Although adoption is increasingly more "popular" (sounds funny to phrase it that way, but join me in praising the Lord! since He commands us to take care of widows and orphans), there still is only a small percentage of us. And even though we have very good support system, our friends and family can not relate to the process like others going through adoption can. Check out the website. I urge you to apply for a grant if you are in the adoption process. If you live in this "neck of the woods" anyone can come to a meeting, even if adoption is only a fleeting thought in your mind, or even if you'd just like to see what goes on. And if you would like to be involved in helping other people adopt, they are a wonderful avenue to consider in prayer.
There, those are my two plugs for today! Oh, and the answer is the 4th day. It is amazing to me that God created even vegetation before He created the sun. Guess encased in the light of God, the plants didn't have to rely on the sun, huh? Cool.






3 comments:
Good plugs. You are very right, even your best, well meaning friends just can't relate.
Cool Harvest Moon party! And yes, I have regularly been checking out everything about your sweet boy. I have soaked up any info on your blog, from the wait time to travel to all Jaden's health and development. I thought that I would be shouting from the roof tops when we received a referral, but I really enjoyed keeping it to ourselves and "pondering it in our hearts". I am trying to patiently wait for our LOA, but yesterday I just wanted to get on plane and go hunt Sydney down myself! How long did you wait from LOI to LOA!? Our agency said 3-12 weeks, and it has been 5. So it could come any time! However, by the time it gets here, I could be in China, hiding behind a bush beside her orphanage!
Can't wait to read the book. I was in the same class in high school with her! She is such a sweet gal! It might be my book to read on vacation!
Post a Comment