Thursday, October 04, 2007

Vote for the Orphans

I saw this email and couldn't help but post it myself. What a great thing it would be if she could carry the torch along with 8 orphans. Don't know if China is up for that kind of publicity, but if they are, the olympics is so important to China it could change those orphans lives. Go give 'em your vote! Side note...when I voted for some reason it took 3 times to get the code to accept, so don't give up! Carey

Our volunteers in Wuhan had a great idea. It may be possible for some ofour Half the Sky children to carry the Olympic torch next year. I've entered a contest sponsored by the China Daily Newspaper and, if I can get enough votes from netizens all over the world, I may be able to have that honor. If it happens, I will run with 8 children from 8 orphanages in China. Believe me, I am no runner. But I would dearly love to give thechildren a place at the party.

Please take a moment and vote for me right now: http://pub1.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/torch/members.shtml?mid=212

We need a LOT of votes. Please pass this on to your friends and family.

Thanks and love,

Jenny

Jenny Bowen
Executive DirectorHalf the Sky Foundation

Half the Sky was created in order to enrich the lives and enhance the prospects for orphaned children in China. We establish and operate infant nurture and preschool programs, provide personalized learning for older children and establish loving permanent family care and guidance for children with disabilities. It is our goal to ensure that every orphaned child has a caring adult in her life and a chance at a bright future.Want to receive our free Half the Sky newsletter, full of stories and photos, via regular mail? Just go to our website http://www.halfthesky.org/ and click on "Join our Mailing List."

3 comments:

Leah said...

How cool would that be!! I voted and it went through the first time. I am so looking forward to the Olympics just for all the coverage in China! As you know, any info is priceless. Hopefully, Sydney will be in my arms while I watch the games.

jennifer said...

I voted. It let me vote twice, but on different days.

Denise said...

I already voted, but I will vote again!