Tuesday, October 09, 2007

First Word!

How fun! Jaden said his first word today! Can't hardly believe it. I wondered at it at first...was that what I thought it was? Then the second time...wow, that really sounds like it. After the third time I mentioned it to Brandy that I thought it was...then the 4th time was when our small group was over for Bible study and so others heard it too. What is it?

"Yes!"

Yep, our son's first word is yes. Hopefully that's a good sign, huh? (smile) Usually it's "no" or "dada" or "mama" or "ball." Jaden responds to a question with "yes." Like, "you wanna go outside?" or "should we find the kids?" Yes!

Oh, and he also knows no, because he will shake his head no, when he doesn't want another bite, etc. Too cute. Just had to share!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Hooray for Jaden! And about your last post, I have been wanting to try digital scrapbooking...maybe now I will.

Leah said...

What a great first word! I wondered how long it would take our Sydney to learn some English. She's almost 16 months old now, and we were told that she could say a few simple words. I am concerned about being able to communicate with her.

Karen said...

What a special moment and what a great first word!

jennifer said...

Yea!! I think that's a very good sign. Sure beats "no"!

Miriam said...

Yes as a first word, I could learn a lot from little Mr. Jaden!