Another word for Musings...
Ok, I'm exhausted and should be in bed. Beyond tired, actually. But the hubby's asleep in front of the TV and I feel like chatting a bit...so I'll chat with you!
Brandy had a great weekend. God was at work, no doubt. And once he's not so tired, I'd say Brandy was refreshed from the weekend as well. Please keep the inmates in your prayers as the Christian life is not always an easy one...especially inside those walls. I'm looking forward to catching up with him when life calms down (it had better!). For now, I'm very much enjoying having him home.
I'm getting a bit stressed about the upcoming season. I've done little Christmas shopping, haven't sent out my Christmas cards (haven't written the infamous Christmas letter), need to figure out our taxes to see what should be done farm-wise before the end of the year, not sure the kids have anything to wear to Jamaica (since it's a different season and they've grown, and doggone it, I've grown too!), and we're leaving for Jamaica 2 weeks from today. Oh, and we seem to be busy lots of nights out of the week. Deep breaths. Remember what Christmas is all about, Carey.
Something else came up today. The bad news is it made my day busier. The good news is it's fun and I'm excited about it! Angela, whose kids I take care of, called me from work today. She works at an excellent photo center. Have you seen the "new" photo books? They are all the rage. They're just like a book...a coffee table book, I'd say. Anyway, they are having an open house and want to demonstrate some samples...one being this book. They thought it'd be neat to demonstrate an adoption. So they asked me! Yeah...cuz in a few months when they're done with it, I get the book!
So I pulled out gobs of pics from before adoption...referral pics, orphanage pics, things we were doing here...through China...through baptism. They work through them and decide what to include. I can't wait to see it! Unfortunately, my digital pics needed lots of organizing and I've been working on it...hence I'm still up. But the other good thing is it made me do it before I forget things about our trip! My pics were a bit messed up because we didn't change the clock on my camera (time change) and my program was doing goofy things as I downloaded in China. Ah, well, I think I've got them organized now. And double backed up, that's always a good thing, too. I read the other day that people are afraid of losing their pics in a fire...which my blogging friend can attest to can definitely happen...but far more often they lose them all with the click of a button or a flash of lightening because they aren't backed up. Are yours? There's my advice for today. Ask me in a month if my pics are currently backed up! Hold me accountable!
The pups are doing wonderfully. I'm enjoying hearing from people all over the states that are interested in them. It's a bit more work this way, but going to be very nice to "see" the homes they are brought to. They are at a fun age, too. Just starting to really play.
Ok, I think I hear Brandy stirring, time for bed. Good night! Don't let the holiday stress bite!






2 comments:
So when I was trying to get to sleep and having "trouble" I could have been chattin with you! And I'll back up my picture file...
Hey that book sounds great - it will be awesome to have your story down on paper! You know it will all come together!
Post a Comment