What a Week
Man, what a week! And here I am, late at night (or is it early morning?) blogging again when I should be sleeping. Well, you know what that means. I'm sure to ramble as I already am. :) But, alas, I came home from scrapbooking and hubby is of course asleep, and I need to unwind a bit.
Well, first of all, when we came home from our fun weekend, on Sunday, Brandy left for an Jr High event at church. I started unpacking. After a bit I opened the freezer above our fridge and low and behold...the ice cream was melting. What?! So I checked the little thermometer in there and it was in the 40s. Ok, so was something wrong with the fridge or was the door left slightly ajar while we were gone. So I put the thermometer in the fridge part, and low and behold, it was 60 degrees in there. Yikes. Ok, now what? The meat in the freezer was still partially frozen, do I brown it and use it right away? Well, not knowing what had gone on while we were gone, thinking potentially it could have gone lower and I wouldn't have known it, I threw everything away. Better to throw away $50 worth of groceries than spend that on one drs visit, right? I called Brandy and told him to pick up a few staples on his way home. Thankfully, we have an old "spare" fridge in our basement, where we keep pop, extra milk and such.
About a month ago I had put a date night on the calendar for me and my sweetie for tonight. It has been agees since we've done that. Well, now we decided instead dinner and a movie, we'd go fridge shopping. Not exactly what I had in mind, but oh, well. The week was pretty full before that and I wanted to do some internet checking for some reviews on fridges beforehand. Side note...did you know that almond/bisque is no longer a kitchen appliance color?!? What is up with that??!!?? Only white, black or silver...well not silver...but...ok...I'm too tired to think of the right word, you know what I mean. I have almond appliances!! I don't need a new stove, dishwasher, or kitchen sink for that matter!! Since my stove top is black, we're going to try black. I don't want to remodel my kitchen. I'd rather put another bedroom in the basement. So hopefully it looks ok.
Back on track. The weather here hasn't been great. Monday was early out for the kids, Tuesday was late start. Thursday was early out, too. Also, the Sweetheart banquet which I was quite looking forward to was postponed until tomorrow night. Then...
Thursday night Sierra came down with 102.5 fever. Poor girl. She felt ok, just fever. Put the kids to bed early and before I went to bed I could here her moaning in her sleep. Oh baby...you know they feel rotten then. So I gave her more med and laid with her for a while. So...
No date night tonight. Sigh. Now THAT was disappointing, even if it was fridge shopping. On the bright side, I got to go scrapbooking while Brandy stayed home with the kiddos. He even came home early for me. What a nice guy. I didn't get a whole lot accomplished, but had some wonderful girl time. Don't tell Sierra where I went. I had told her the next time I went, she could come, too. It was bad enough she missed her Pixie Party at school Friday. Sometimes it's tough to be seven.
Tonight when I came home I went to check on her and she still has a fever. It had come and gone during the day and I was so hoping it would stay gone. So again I gave her med and laid by her. But that means no Sweetheart Banquet for me and my sweetie tomorrow night. Sigh.
The next question is WHEN are we going fridge shopping? Next week is booked solid Mon-Wed and he's leaving for Cursillo Thurs-Sunday. The week after that I go to Cursillo Thurs-Sunday. I can't wait that long for a fridge! Well, I can, but really don't want to. Last night I ate the last piece of pizza cuz I didn't feel like taking it downstairs and finding a place for it in the basement fridge. How's that for ya? Silly. Well, believe it or not, I'm sending Brandy on his own. He's leaving the house at 5 am tomorrow to fly out (if the weather is fit) our last boxer puppy. Wooo Hooo! And she's going to a very loving home and they can't wait to get her. He told me to stay by the computer and he's going to take his camera and computer and email me pictures! Ha!! I kinda know what I'm looking for so hopefully it will work out.
We're supposed to go over to some friends Sunday afternoon and evening. Hope Sierra's better all day tomorrow so we can go. Poor girl.
Ok, I believe I'm done rambling and now I'm sufficiently tired enough to go to sleep. Good night!






2 comments:
It's hard when our kids are sick, isn't it. I always feel so bad for them. Hope Sierra feels better soon. Just did appliance shopping myself recently...fun, fun. I did notice when I was looking at ovens bisque was an option, you just had to order it. Enjoy the new fridge!
Sorry to hear Sierra is not feeling well. Hope she is on the mend soon!
Kids bounce back pretty quickly.
Praying that the rest of you stay healthy!
On a side note - we will miss "the little puppy" as the kids call her. Can't wait to dog-sit again!
Post a Comment