Friday, March 07, 2008

Update on Cindy

Cindy just sent out another update. For those of you who are wondering if you know her, maybe this will help...she's not only a friend but our awesome State Farm Ins agent. Keep her in your prayers!

Hi!

We want to thank everyone again for so much kindness! We have been blessed beyond measure!

I thought I would write just to let everyone know how things are going. It has been four weeks since my surgery now and I feel like I may have turned a corner this week. I am feeling better overall, which is so nice! I am starting to be up a little more then I am down now, which is also an improvement.

Monday, March 10 I will be in Milwaukee for testing and then will meet with the doctor on Tuesday. They will be checking to see if everything is healing correctly. They will also be watching for leakage of spinal fluid. If there is any leakage they will need to open the incision and re-stitch part of the patch in the covering of the brain. The chances aren't very high that I will have this problem and I don't feel anything so I think that it should be ok.

After this appointment I believe that we will need to go down there about every two months for a minimum of a year to see the doctor and check the healing process. I know that the recovery process is going to be lengthy. Even though I am feeling better I am still amazed at how weak I am! I went to the office for the first time just to sign a couple things yesterday and was there about 1 1/2 hours. I came home shaking, I nearly passed out and then I slept for 2 1/2 hours, only waking because the phone rang. So, patience is a virtue that I am really working on!

I will try to write once more when we return from Milwaukee.

We are so thankful for all of you! We continue to be amazed at the kindness everyone has shown and the prayers that have been said for us. We are so grateful!

Cindy

No comments: