Doggone Good Day
What a day. A long one but a good one.
Started off with Moms-in-Touch. Then Shianne and I drove 3 hours one way to Minnesota to pick up a puppy. Yes, pick one up, not drop one off! Since the frustration with the boxers, we've decided that probably 2 of our female boxers need to find good homes. Dora has already gone to live with our friends, Broc and Sara. Sierra is very glad about that so she can go and visit her and we are happy she has a loving home. Anyway...we're trying our hand at labs. Well, in a couple of years anyway, after they grow up. We came across a very good deal and a beautiful male that we just couldn't pass up. They agreed to meet us halfway.
I debated taking Shianne out of school for the day. I did need someone to go with me. For some odd reason I get quite tired when I drive for a length of time unless I have a distraction...like someone to talk to. I'd asked some friends but they were busy and Brandy had to work (they're planting). When one of my friends said that a good memory was a good reason to miss a day of the 3rd grade, I decided she was right. And I'm so glad I did! I let her sit in the front (I know, shame on me, she's not old enough) so we could actually talk. And boy, did we talk. It was wonderful. What a blessing. We did make one stop on the way to get her a few clothes. We have different styles but as long as it's in "good taste" I bite my tongue! She looks good in anything anyway. She described herself as a tomboy today. In some ways she's right. The day turned out to be a good memory for both of us. I'm so glad we went together.
I wondered how the trip home would go with a 5 month old puppy...who's the size of a dog...about 4 hours in the van. But what a wonderful puppy he is!! Oh my! He's got the sweetest personality. And so laid back! I even took him in the house for a while when we got home (one accident). I tell you what, if I didn't already have two dogs in the house (along with puppies on occasion), he'd be a house dog. He checked out the house and then just lounged around. Didn't even blink at the other dogs, just did a little bum sniffing. But, alas, even I am not crazy enough to have yet another dog in my house. But it was so sad putting him in the machine shed. He didn't cry or anything. But I'm telling you, he'd make an awesome house dog!
Ok, for his name...have you ever watched the movie "Snow Buddies"? It's an offshoot of the Air Bud movies. He's named after one of those puppies, a little rapper named "B Dawg." So that's his name! "B Dawg." It was unanimous among the kiddos and Brandy said whatever we decided was fine.
A big THANK YOU! to my friend Brenda for watching the boys all day and into the evening. It made Shianne and my day so much nicer. And it was nice for the boys not to be driving around all day long!
Oh, and all the remaining shih tzu puppies are flying out in the morning, if the weather cooperates, which it looks like it will! I'm so excited! The last one is going to California. Poor Sierra cried again tonight. She said I know they have to go and I know they're going to good places but it's so sad and I'll miss them! She hopes we get to go and visit them someday. She wanted me to promise that we would...but honey, I just couldn't promise that. She thought California would be a nice place to visit. I second that! Especially since there's a slight chance of snow tomorrow. Sheesh.
Had one Calgon moment tonight. Got home about 7:30. Had to clean kids up, take care of a few pups, get kids ready for bed and help Shianne finish up her Science Fair project. In the midst of this....picture it...I'm on the floor changing Jaden. He's crying up a storm (find out a few minutes later he was having a terribly hard BM, poor guy)...Tye's crying cuz a shih tzu pup scratched him....Sierra is sad almost crying cuz the pups are leaving...Shianne is asking me questions about her project...and B Dawg poops on the floor while the girls just watch...Calgon moment.
But after about 15 minutes of almost chaos, things cleared up and kids were tucked in and homework was finished. Ahhhhhh
All in all...a doggone good day.







5 comments:
What a neat memory for you and Shianne -- Good luck with the labs!
I'm so glad you pulled her out of school for that. She will never forget it.
Snow buddies is Cade's favorite movie. I'll bet he would have picked the same name.
I'll also bet that this dog ends up inside before it's all said and done! Because you ARE that crazy!!! lol...
:-) thanks for the grin today!
I had to laugh at your Calgon moment. Oh how I've been there (and so many others I'm sure)!
She is beautiful!!! A little big for our house, but hey - I'm bettting on you giving in too!!!
Post a Comment